Saturday, July 17, 2010

What is an Ivan?

Have you ever wondered what your name means? Ever since the beginning of time, I have always thought that Ivan was a Russian name and there was a great Ivan and a terrible Ivan.

So what about me? I've done some soul searching and stumbled upon Urban Dictionary.com

And immediately I know who I am..


1.Ivan1269 up609 down
totally fukable
2.Ivan731 up245 down

Originally meaning "gift of God". A good looking man, usually of Hispanic or Eastern European descent.
"Ooh, girl! There's some Ivan's up in this ethnic party tonight, they all look so good."


3.Ivan670 up275 down

A boyfriend who can be a COMPLETE ASSHOLE and the sweetest guy at the same point in time.
Ivan: "I can't wait till you graduate so i never see you again and this will all be over."

the Girlfriend: (Begins to cry at his hateful words)

Ivan: "Nah, i'm really going to miss you, seriously."


I was starting to get convinced by Urban Dictionary until I read this..


13.Ivan16 up16 down

A Russian inmate who is accustomed to raping other male prisoners in the shower.
"The new guy isn't doing too well. He got 15 stitches in the bum after he got Ivan-ed in the shower last night."



Okay! back to Oxford Dictionary for me, thank you very much.


ps. Thanks to Abu for the discovery of Ivan on Urban Dictionary

No comments: