Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Island..

A day after the exams.. been to the land of the ultimate LALA....
not Taiwan but a more close to home Penang....
The trip there was pretty smooth...
No traffic at all..
It was pretty draggy though... I'm not a fan of sitting in the car.. looking at rubber/oil palm trees at 110kph...














Awwww....















apart from that, it was crazy hazy....
but I manage to survive with my trustie mobile phone of mine... SMS-ING!


This is what happen if u're in the car for too long.....





























Anyway, theres not much reason why should u be in Penang,
either you're the British and you wanna take over Penang's port or... food...
hell yeah, any locals will tell you that their Penang crusine is the best...
I don't disagree with them..but seriously..... there's loads of Penang street in KL too..
And so far i think that they're just the same to me..

The moment I reached Penang, we went to the 'best Char kuey tiao' stall in Penang.
It seems like is very very popular with many locals or tourist lining up to order the freaking expensive plate of Fried Kuey Tiao.
apart from that, there's a few problem with this Char Kuey Tiao stall.
1. They don't serve your food to your table, you ask, they scold..
2. Never ask them to add this or remove that, they'll ask you to cook it yourself.
3. Price....Rm5.50... Thats almost the price of a Big Mac.....
4. Remove your butt ugly beanie and ur construction workers goggles...















Check out her beanie..lol



Arrived at the Vistana hotel,
Bored is the only word to describe the feeling there...
just took some landscaping pictures from the view of the 20th floor..




















































The main reason why I was in Penang was to attend my cousins wedding..
This has got to be the major turn off ever in my life for a wedding..
I've dressed...got all ready.. looking good...
Expected the wedding to be in some fancy highclass restaurant..
Went in the car, and it stop somewhere in a local market which is beside a shopping mall.
I guess, hmm maybe its not so bad. Having a wedding in a shopping mall restaurant.
And here comes the spoiler, we didn't walk towards the shopping mall but instead towards the market.
I thought maybe there's a restaurant on the top floor of the market..thats not so bad...
Instead........... It was Balai rakyat of Bayan Baru MPPP.




























After the wedding dinner



That you think might be the worst thing....
But wait... there's more!
There's 72 tables(counted) on the day.. nothing is wrong with that but... it means that it pulls down on quality for quantity...
And I was right.. the kitchen was outdoor... not just outdoor... but in a tent..=D and its raining!
Joy oh joy.....
Workers there even mix the wedding dishes with their bare hands.... Damn it...














Kitchen

The performances was equally bad... Its like those deaf people trying to karaoke.

Anyway, I better not complain anymore, maybe I won't be invited the next time there is a wedding anymore.. So i better keep my mouth shut for awhile..=)

Overall Penang was fun, never been there for the pass 10 years.... And once you step into Penang, it brings me back memories...














Good Bye Penang, see you in the next 10 years again?



















Past meets the not so present...

No comments: