Thursday, January 15, 2009

Microsoft Windows 7


I'm a Mac User. Its been almost a full year since I've been exposed to the Mac World.
Everything runs perfectly, never had an antivirus for a YEAR! How often do you say that?
Well this time, I decided to pay a visit back to Redmond and see their latest development on their Microsoft Windows 7.


I've download Windows 7 directly from their Official Website as a beta unit.
All and all, as a beta OS, it is pretty stable, I think very much more stable than the current flop Vista.


Whats amazing with 7 is that it only takes 16 minutes on my MacBook 2.0Ghz and 3GB ram to install completely. Talk about installing Windows Xp or Vista again.
Besides that, you'll be greeted with an entirely new taskbar or what Microsoft calls it as SuperBar. Personally, I feel that if your graphic card doesn't supports Aero graphics, it will still be similar. So the verdict is still the same Microsoft builds an advance OS with powerful GUI but, you still need to upgrade your computer specs, unfortunately.


Leopard & 7 side by side. Vmware Fusion 2

Currently, I'm running my Windows 7 under VMware Fusion 2 and its pretty stable besides the slightly slow startup.(Caused by dual operating system boot, iTunes, Adium, Mozilla Firefox & occasional Adobe PhotoShop CS4). If you are smart. Boot it up stand alone and you'll definately notice the difference from Vista.

My verdict on 7,
1. It will be a revival point for Microsoft after their epic failure Vista.
2. Many Vista user will be glad that they will be able to upgrade to a better operating system and XP users don't have to downgrade to vista but upgrade to 7.
3. Although this is a BETA version, I feel its pretty solid, so far so good no problems, although there was an issue about a missing network adapter at first. But After a few tweaks with the VM and OS, the issue is gone!.
4. Unfortunately, I'm gonna stick with my Mac OS X 10.5.6 still, I just can't seem to go back to the point of updating your virus definition or scanning your hard disk for virus or even having the fear of inserting a thumbdrive/ opening attachment from friends anymore.
Besides that, although my MacBook has a very low power graphic card of only 64Mb, it seems to run the Leopard Interface perfectly. No problems with expose/spaces/or magnification of dock. Lovely.
5. Apple would love to challenge Microsoft with their new Operating System, MacOSX 10.6 "Snow Leopard".
Rumors showed that apple will be ditching their slightly dated Aqua interface for a more modern/sophisticated GUI codename "Marble".(Think of iPhoto/ new iTunes/ new iWork 09)

iTunes New Grid look


Pages 09' New Look

Guess that won't be a bad direction and it isn't all under the hood modification only for Snow Leopard eh? Thank Goodness!
Anyway, Snow Leopard is still in Beta and can be downloaded from any Torrent site easily but any damage or loss isn't my responsibility. So I suggest wait and be amazed by the speed and elegance + sophistication of Snow Leopard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ivankang.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading ivankang.blogspot.com every day.
paydayloans payday