Thursday, August 03, 2006

Kangs

My name is Ivan Kang
Kang is not a very common Surname among Malaysian.
Its quite rare as it makes the Kang's special!
Proud to be a Kang.
Anyway, Reason for this posting was because of school today.
It all started during assembly before school.
Things were going fine till I saw a BIG patch of Baldness of Mr(form 6 teacher).
Timothy and I were discussing about whether that bald spot there is a Kang's thing or what....
According to Grandpa's history, my family of Kang came from Guangzhou province of China called Chao Zhou, and started their life there.(details about Chouzhou http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaozhou .) Which is pretty cool cause I'm an Immigrant. Crap!..
Anyway, Grandpa went from Chao Zhou to Johore to start a life here.
I suspect that Grandpa won't travel a few thousands miles by ship alone right?
So most probably he'll travel with his families to Johore eh??














So basically my hometown is Johore and even better is that Timothy's hometown is from Johor too. So maybe.....Like about 50% we are related.
that's quite cool
But what about Mr. Kang???!
It seems like he came from Johore too...Does this means that he is our uncle?
that's freaky.. And a little worried too....
I don't wanna loose my hair!!!!!














Another cool thing is that Timothy and I are Teowchiew which is a form of..err..
I'm not sure what u call that too.. But they're the dialects our forefathers use to speak back in the ol' days...

Apart from that, Kang is one of the two Aliens from The Simpsons.











Not sure which one though

3 comments:

Reuben W.J Kang said...

Dumb ass map...
hahaha...

btw, that form 6 teacher is from Penang...
haha... So chill babe!~

Unknown said...

Ya meh? I tot Johor...woosh...
Gaysial..

Anonymous said...

i believe yr west malaysia looks a lil strange...ahem!!